Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Looking Back on What We've Been Doing

What We've Been Up To
   I speak on behalf of the team when I say this campaign has been a life changing, eye opening experience. We've learned many new things, and I see the world through different lenses now. I know it's hard to relate to refugees because most of us, I pray, will never have to forcibly leave America because our lives are threatened; it is imperative that we go to these refugees, if you feel led to do that, and to use our education/careers to serve these refugees in anyway we can. On a lighter note, we've been up to some great things these past few weeks!



Building The Walkthrough
 Building our walk through was a very interesting feat. We had a tight budget to work with, but we were able to put together a pretty cool walkthrough!






Houston Palestinian Festival
    Our walk-through at the Houston Palestinian Festival was dramatic ( to say the least). We had a great time reaching out to people of Palestinian/Arab background. I feel like the people there really appreciated the fact that teenagers are taking an interest in just helping the refugees. I feel like the whole political fiasco is deterring from the fact that there are children growing up without the hope for obtaining an education, clean water, and other necessities. Our walkthrough and campaign helped me to focus on and share where our energy and efforts should truly go towards helping. I also had this AHMAZING fried coconut dessert and a strawberry cocktail (non-alcoholic)! The food there was delicious and the entertainment was really fantastic!

Victoria working on our walk through at the festival

No comments:

Post a Comment